Re: Questions on ac-helpers

Subject: Re: Questions on ac-helpers
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 14:42:02 CDT

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 07:00:57PM +0200, Frodo Looijaard wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Small question: will we be using the ac-helpers autoconf scripts for
> detecting gnome etc., or will we continue doing it directly in the
> configure.in file?
>
> I was trying to solve some configuration warnings and adding libgal
> detection support, but I saw that we have many scripts here that are
> currently not used. I think they are grabbed directly from Gnome
> packages. What is the plan for them?

Those were copied from the gnome detection stuff when the first
attempt at autoconf support was written by Goran Thyni. I kept them
around when I made it all work. We should eventually try to use those
scripts, rather than something homemade. But one's we'll never use
can certainly be gotten rid of.

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss