FAQ update? [was abiword-user@abisource.com Subject: Re: Font question]

Subject: FAQ update? [was abiword-user@abisource.com Subject: Re: Font question]
From: Alan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 07:12:45 CDT

this question was asked on the user list and im fairly sure it has been
asked before.

I think the extra information about how to configure X should be added
to the section (or a link to the relavant place in the mail archive)
How do I use True Type fonts for AbiWord on Linux?
http://www.abisource.com/faquser.phtml#2.7

there are currently 2 FAQ sections, the first off the main page, and the
second as part
of the User manual. The one in the user manual answers more questions,
but the one off the main pages may actually have more recent information
http://www.abisource.com/faquser.phtml
http://www.abisource.com/help/en-US/faq.html

(oh, and a developer FAQ too.)

i tried sending this to abiword-docs@abisource.com but got Returned
mail: User Unknown

Problem:

> > > I grabbed abiword 0.7.14, compiled and installed it. When I go to run
> > > abiword, I get an error saying the font
> > >
> > > [-*-Times New Roman-regular-r-*-*-*-0-*-*-*-*-*-*]
> > >
> > > is not available through my (xfs) font server.
> > >
> > > After reading your docs, I went to www.microsoft.com/truetype/fontpack
> > > and picked up their Times New Roman fonts, but they don't include the
> > > font abiword wants.
> > >
> > > The utility, xlsfonts, shows the fonts I picked up from microsoft -
> > > so those installed correctly (Times New Roman-bold-i-normal, Times New
> > > Roman-medium-i-normal, Times New Roman-medium-r-normal and Times New
> > > Roman-bold-r-normal).

SOLUTION

--
Are you pondering what I’m pondering?
I think so, Brain, but we’re already naked.