PNGs causing core dumps

Subject: PNGs causing core dumps
From: Adrian Phillips (adrianp@powertech.no)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 10:51:11 CDT

I've been trying to figure out why trying to insert a PNG into a
document was causing core dumps, at work it sometimes worked but not
at home.

In xp/gr_Image.h the following member of GR_Image (note my C++
knowledge is based upon hacking perl so I may well get my terminology
wrong :-) has a rather restrictive size :-

           char m_szName[GR_IMAGE_MAX_NAME_LEN+1];

with :-

    #define GR_IMAGE_MAX_NAME_LEN 63

isn't this rather grotuesque ? I would have thought that at least
PATH_MAX or whatever POSIX defines should be used at least for Unix ?

Hmm, I just noticed that its setup if it doesn't exist for all
platforms so it seems that PATH_MAX is the correct define to use.

I wonder also if there are other places that have done similar things
? (grepping for NAME_LEN didn't find anything else)

Any comments ?

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--