Copyright of Ispell Modifications (take two)

Subject: Copyright of Ispell Modifications (take two)
From: Kevin Atkinson (kevina@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 18:03:38 CDT

Now that the Ispell copyright holder has officially given you permission to
distribute Ispell with out the Ispell advertisings clause I would still like
an answer to my basic question.

Will you be willing to release the modified Ispell code (including
newMain.c) under the same copyright of Ispell itself (without the
advertising clause) so that I (or someone else) can make a Pspell module
of it with out any legal complications? If can very well make a module
out of it with out the change in copyright however it will inhibit the
module from being used (or at least add complications) in projects such as
OpenOffice and Mozilla. As I said before if you are not willing to do
that LGPL will also work. Or, if that will not work than perhaps you can
release it under the GPL but with the exception that other non-GPL
compatible programs may use it. This can either mean any programs
(included non-free ones) or only programs which are considered "free
software" by the FSF (see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html)
or are Open Source by OSI definition (see
http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.html).

Thanks in advance.

--
Kevin Atkinson