Re: PSpelling on PPC

Subject: Re: PSpelling on PPC
From: Frodo Looijaard (frodol@dds.nl)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 13:32:55 CDT

David Chart wrote:

> --On Sunday, July 08, 2001 14:06:45 +0200 Frodo Looijaard <frodol@dds.nl>
> wrote:
>
> > Could you please try it again with current CVS? Pspell was in a sorry
> > state, but now it at least works again on Linux on ix86.
>
> It's greatly improved, thanks. It doesn't lock up the whole program, but
> the pspell build now thinks that every single word is mis-spelled, just
> like the ispell build.

OK. I can think of several causes of this. What happens when you
right-click on a misspelled word? Do you get any suggestions at all,
or perhaps a list of question mark words with a few strange characters in
it? In the last case, this is probably caused by a wrong byteorder
(big endian vs. little endian). If you get nothing at all, it may not
be able to find your dictionary. Do you use the ispell backend or the
aspell one for pspell? Did you upgrade either ispell or aspell, or (in
the case of ispell) put down dictionaries in a different format than
the one your ispell expects, without recompiling pspell?

Perhaps it is a good idea to check that pspell works at all. In the
pspell distribution there is an example program, that I have attached
(it is from pspell .12.2, so it may not work with earlier versions; in
that case, check the examples directory in your source package).
Compile it with `gcc example-c.c -o example-c -lpspell'. You can call
it as eg. `./example-c en'.

Good luck,
  Frodo

--