Re: Commit: 0.9.0 Blurb

Subject: Re: Commit: 0.9.0 Blurb
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 12:52:21 CDT

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, David Chart wrote:

> I'd like some feedback from the developers on this. This is not release
> notes; those will be a separate file. However, if there are things I have
> left out, please let me know.

Just to let everyone know this is in the abiword-docs module.

David, it is hard to know when to stop talking about features. I know we
have a limited amount of space but how about also adding....

 unlimited undo/redo
 Multiple Documents and multiple views on each document.
 line based table support.
 lists of all types which can be nested to arbitary dpeth.
 background/forground/highlight colors.
 Full support for all types of tabs.
 Arbitary page sizes with many prefined sizes which can be changed on the
fly.
 Landscape/portrait page styles which can be changed on the fly.
 Full justification as well as left, center and right.
 Very fast even for large documents with an easy to use interface.
 Arbitary combinations of number of columns on each page.
 Automatic Numbering of Sections and Chapters.
 Many sophisticated Modeless dialogs including an auto-updating Word
Count for students and Journalists with word limits per article.

Finally, I don't we current support *.jpg images do we?

Cheers

Martin

PS. I can just update blurb-0.90.abw of you like.