Re: Windows Nightly Build Newer than 20010713?

Subject: Re: Windows Nightly Build Newer than 20010713?
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 10:32:07 CDT

Alan wrote:
> Randy Kramer wrote:
> > > Many of the bullets under Windows do not show up properly (I've
> > > downloaded a different nightly build for Linux and can see results there
> > > which look more correct). I have a vague recollection that there is a
> > > known problem with fonts under Windows that might be causing this
> > > problem. Is it worthwhile to develop a list of each wrong bullet style?
> I asked about this previously, its a fonts problem.
> Sometimes fonts arent available, also "Times" is different from "Times
> New Roman" so minor variences in naming between platforms causes
> hassle.

Unless someone requests otherwise, I won't make a detailed list.

> i just posted about the CVS builds/nightlies in another thread, here it
> is again:
>
> > what are the chances of having official Nightly again?
> >
> > i could email or SCP (probably anonymous ftp if needed) the builds Mike
> > sends me if that would be of use.

The last Windows "nightly build" I got came from your site, so thanks to
you and Mike Nordell!

Since I have never been successful at building AbiWord on Windows (and
never tried it on Linux), it would be helpful to have Windows nightly
builds available somewhere. I would download one occasionally. I would
download one today or tomorrow with Martin's recent style fixes
incorporated.

regards,
Randy Kramer