Re: WP7/8 Importer

Subject: Re: WP7/8 Importer
From: Michael D. Crawford (crawford@goingware.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 23:01:18 CDT

> But before I get too far, I probably should ask-- has anyone attempted this
> before?

I have some experience working with WordPerfect documents, from having worked on
Spellswell in the early 90's. Spellswell is a standalone spellchecker that used
to Spellcheck documents saved on disk. I think that was before WordPerfect 7,
and it was WordPerfect for the Macintosh. I think the format was the same
between PC and Mac, even to the point of translating between the Mac OS
character set to store PC OEM character codes on the disk.

I don't know if the specs are any better, but my recollection is that Dave
Johnson, who actually wrote the file filter, had a heck of a time getting it to
actually work.

I don't remember a lot but I've dealt with a lot of file formats. Maybe I can
be of some assistance.

Mike

--
Michael D. Crawford