Re: Win32 developer snapshot

Subject: Re: Win32 developer snapshot
From: Jared Davis (aiken@clan11.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 22:23:16 CDT

> http://www.abiword.com/~tamlin/
>
> Note that you must have msvcrtd.dll for this one. It's unfortunately not a
> redistributable, but I heard people got lucky using ftpsearch. :-)

I have gone through and played with this build a bit and have found several
things that cause it to crash with assertation errors. Many menu items are
not working or cause problems. I have also briefly overviewed the dialogs
for understandability and completeness. UI-design people may be interested
in some of it.

I'm not sure exactly where to send my notes since they are so scattered. If
you (the win32 developers) want to comit some or more of them to the
bugzilla feel free.

For now, I've just saved them as a text file, which I've attached to this
message. I have also posted the list on my web sever,
    http://aiken.clan11.com/abiword/2001-07-19.review.txt

Thanks,

    Jared