Re: Making alternate Bullets appear correctly in Windows

Subject: Re: Making alternate Bullets appear correctly in Windows
From: Saint-Denis (stdenisg@cedep.net)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 21:10:42 CDT

From: Tim LaDuca <tladuca@hsc.usf.edu>
> In order to make bullet styles the same on Both Windows and Linux
> somebody needs to apply the following mappings to the the code. I assume
> the font needs to be the same for all bullets, but if this is not the
> case I have listed alternate symbols that are closer to what Linux
> provides in appearance(using a separate font). Unfortunately there is no
> heart in the Windings font(s). I listed a "pretty" symbol instead. This
> was all done on Windows 2000. I have no idea if this is compatible with
> other versions of windows.

On my Win95 system there is only Windings, no version 2 or 3 are available.
So, I would suggest sticking with base Windings only mapping.

As far as the "heart" is concerned, your suggestion for the 0x96 Windings is
not supported on Win95. Characters 0x82 throught 0x8C, 0x91 throught 0x9C
and 0x9F all appear as character 0x3F.

From a short experimentation, different fonts can be used. The heart could
be 0xA9 from the Symbol font.

Gilles