Re: commit - Win32 Plugin Dialog

Subject: Re: commit - Win32 Plugin Dialog
From: Dom Lachowicz (dominicl@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 09:28:32 CDT

Quoting Andrew Dunbar <hippietrail@yahoo.com>:

> Is it documented how to make a plugin? If somebody
> wants a project, my ISCII importer and exporter are
> very small and simple and I always wanted them to be
> plugins but didn't know how to do it.

The Plugin API is quite simple (embryonic?) at this point, but it isn't very
hard to make a plugin. To test the unix stuff, I just stole the Gnumeric make
system and built some really simple/stupid plugins. In fact, your ISCII
importer/exporter can already be compiled as a plugin (make ABI_OPT_PLUGINS=1) -
well, sort of. The c++ code needed should already be in place. You need to make
those c++ files dynamically loadable (.dll/.so), and we don't have any way to do
that in our current make system (though it probably wouldn't be too hard to add).

Volunteers?

Dom