Re: Are ready to go? (was Re: commit: Win32 printing)

Subject: Re: Are ready to go? (was Re: commit: Win32 printing)
From: ha shao (hashao@chinese.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 11:39:26 CDT

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 09:49:09AM -0400, dominicl@seas.upenn.edu wrote:
> Quoting Jesse Kuang <kjx@8848.net>:
> I'm sorry that CJK support was broken. But as you state, it's been broken since
> 0.7.14 and no one has really stepped up to:
> 1) Say that this was broken
> 2) Provide a fix for it
>
> And no one has stepped up to do #2 either (to date). Apparently, this has been
> known for a while now, and I've made several realease "warnings" since then
> without anyone bringing this to my attention. While unfortunate, if "you snooze,
> you loose."

Well, the 0.7.14 breakage had been fixed in a few days since I noticed them
and hence fixed in cvs. The bug as stated in this thread is a new one
introduced since 07/17/2001. I was struggling recently with my seagate HD which
don't want to work properly after only 1 year of use. I just sent a
patch to fix the new bug mentioned. Hopeful it can make the .9.0 release. If
it cannot, I hope a .9.1 release or even a 0.9.0.1 will be out soon cause
there were no working official release for cjk users since .7.13. I know it
is my fault by not fixing the bugs in a timely fashion but CJK users should
not suffer from my lack of time. :)

--
Best regard
hashao