Tree Closed (0.9.0 baybee!)

Subject: Tree Closed (0.9.0 baybee!)
From: Dom Lachowicz (dominicl@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 16:52:52 CDT

I want to thank everyone for their hard work and effort as always. Thanks to all
of your hard work, AbiWord is an amazing product.

I'm here announcing the 0.9.0 release. The CVS tag is release-0-9-0

I'd appreciate it if people would start building binaries, if they are so
inclinded to do so for their favorite platforms. People should use the new
spell-checking to turn my en-US favorite into an en-GB favourite if they'd like
to too :-)

Release notes will come sometime tomorrow. I'm hoping for quick, short, mainly
bugfix release cycles during the 0.9.x series, until we get to an acceptably low
bug count for 1.0

And, just so RMS (Scott) doesn't have to say it: if you can, please sign your
binaries. He's posted instructions in the past on how to do so, so just search
the ML archives.

'gpg -b mypackage.tar.gz'

rpm has a --sign option too, if that happens to be your distribution of choice.

Once again, thanks to all the people who have made this possible. 0.9.0 rocks,
and it's due to the hard work of hundreds of people.

Let the hoopla begin!

Dom