Debugging on Linux

Subject: Debugging on Linux
From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 09:37:42 CDT

I finally got around to building Abi for Linux/GTK so I could compare
things and make sure all my patches work as they do on Windows.
I had *loads* of asserts and a few crashes!
Would anyone here be able to recommend a debugger for Linux?
Commandline gdb is pretty daunting. Are there any GUI debuggers
that are any good? Can anybody point me to good tutorials on
the net somewhere? What's the best way to simply start gdb
to debug AbiWord?

Unfortunately, due to crap modems and crap ISP, I can't access
the internet when I'm in Linux ):

Has anyone experimented with the Encoded Text import/export
on *nix? It seemed to have some nasty problems that I'd like
to sort out. Saving as Unicode gave me files where all the
non-roman characters turned to "?". In some cases I ended
up with 0-length files with garbage for names being created!

Another problem involved opening files from NT partitions
which had foreign characters in their names. Sometimes it
would crash, sometimes not. Could somebody look at this?

Thanks in advance. Andrew.

--
http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net