Re: Abisuite - Word! What about Spreadsheet an Dbase?

Subject: Re: Abisuite - Word! What about Spreadsheet an Dbase?
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 16:54:39 CST

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 04:29:34PM -0500, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> I think we should start on AbiCalc soon, maybe get the basics working when we
> release AbiWord 1.0. Yes there's Gnumeric, but does it run on as many platforms
> as AbiWord?
>
> phma

Really, this is mess we *do not* want to get ourselves into. Our 1
and only priority is creating AbiWord. The Abi framework is well
done, and would work well with a spreadsheet. But we have our hands
full already, and starting a spreadsheet program would not help
anything.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/