RE: Unicode fonts for Bullets and Dingbats.

Subject: RE: Unicode fonts for Bullets and Dingbats.
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 20:25:03 CST

ms> Hi Bill, If I or someone else hunts down some unicode fonts
ms> containing UCS_BULLET and other useful list type fonts, could you
ms> implement some remap-glyphs magic to automagically display and
ms> print these?

Sound like what you're asking for is the recently described "more
elaborate remapGlyphs" (or at least more elaborate than at present).
Are you looking for a remapping from one font to another, or just a
remapping to a different glyph in the same font for some character
values we don't currently cover?

If it's the latter, it's easy to do (really just a change to a default
property value) once the intellectual business has been done of
figuring out what glyphs need remapping to what.

If it's the former, I can probably brew up something at least
minimally useful, though it would be at least a couple weeks out.
(I've hit a particularly busy patch at the Day Job.)