RE: dogfood feedback -- Smart Quotes

Subject: RE: dogfood feedback -- Smart Quotes
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 09:46:00 CST

Vlad wrote:
> I think that the best solution is to save in utf8 or as numeric
> entities under latin1 and CJK locales (I don't know what to prefer
> here), and save in native encoding on other locales.

I agree with Vlad, this is not only a question of being able to edit
files in a plain text editor on non-latin1 locales, or of their size, but
also of being able to use utilities such as grep on these files. I
personally would prefer utf8 to the entities, because of the resulting
file size with the entities.

Tomas