Re: Multi-Paragraph Headers and footers?

Subject: Re: Multi-Paragraph Headers and footers?
From: Rob Campbell (rob.campbell@att.net)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 00:53:08 CST

Jesper Skov wrote on Tuesday, March 06, 2001 10:54 AM

> When I think of a footer, for instance, I'm thinking multi-paragraph
> footers. Maybe because I'm thinking as an ex-LaTeX user rather than a
> WP user. Some of our university papers had footers that would spill
> from one page to the next.

Do you really mean footers? This sounds like you are describing foot
notes, for which this would be desirable behavior. But not for headers and
footers.

That said, there certainly will be times when you want multi-line headers
and footers, but not multi-paragraph. The logical way to implement this may
be as paragraphs, but isn't there also a way to force a return within a
single paragraph? I seem to recall a discussion to that effect. Would
using this technique simplify implementation?

Header and footer editing is an important feature that shouldn't be held up
by the additional requirement to create multi-line headers and footers,
assuming the current implementation wouldn't prevent a change in the future.

Rob Campbell