[owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Non-member submission from [Jeff Sadowski <jeffski@tvi.cc.nm.us>]]

Subject: [owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Non-member submission from [Jeff Sadowski ]]
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 14:59:12 CST

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
        GnuPG Key:
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/key

attached mail follows:

>From owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com Tue Mar 6 14:32:32 2001
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 13:32:15 -0700 (MST)
From: Jeff Sadowski <jeffski@tvi.cc.nm.us>
To: abiword-dev@abisource.com
Subject: Spelling, Thesaurus, and Grammar checker

I'm planning on doing the above (Spelling, Thesaurus, and
Grammar checker) and I was thinking of how to implement it.

I thought it would be neet if there was a documented distribution method
for submitting new words and definitions to and from online databases
(sorta like CDDB.) I also thought up some scheme for my databases

Word Table
word#(PK),word

Word Type Table
type#(PK),type,description

 where type is like noun,verb,...
 description is like for noun = person,place,thing,idea

Definitions Table
definition#(PK),definition

 this way if multiple words have the same definition it only needs to be
 entered once.

Dictionary Table
[definition#,word#](PK),relation#,type,pronunciation

 this relates the word table and definition table and also provides a
 place for the type, relation and pronunciation.

Thesaurus Table
relation#(PK),multirelation#,general_definition

 the multirelation would be a pointer to another more general definition
 in the same table. This provides three levels of a thesaurus lookup
 A. same definition B. relation# and C. multirelation and the
 multirelation can be recursive.

Grammar Table
sentence_structure(PK),description

 where sentence structure is made up of word types and delimeters
 example entry: assuming 1 relates to verb
 1!
 the description for the above sentence structure would be
 Implicit.

That's it. Is there a better way to implement the above feature's?
Is there a program out there that is simalar?

I can program this if not =)

Please resond

Thanks,

Jeff Sadowski