Re: Warning in fv_View.cpp

Subject: Re: Warning in fv_View.cpp
From: Tom Briggs (tomabi@jules.briggs.cx)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 20:08:32 CST

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Martin Sevior wrote:

> Thanks very much for pointing this out. This was genuine bug and
> might have been responsible for some bizzare crashes I've been seeing.

   Hopefully so. Anything that gets you closer to bug-free headers and
footers is well worth a quick email. :)

> Geeze does this mean I have to thank MS for providing a better compiler
> than gcc?
>
> Oh the horror!

   No no no no no. :) I believe that gcc is still the best compiler
around, though if I've learned one thing from XP development it's that
every compiler throws different warnings. Therefore, the more compilers
you compile with, the more problems you find without actually having to
look. :)

   -Tom