Re: comparison -- locales with ispell dictionaries

Subject: Re: comparison -- locales with ispell dictionaries
From: Kevin Atkinson (kevina@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 03:15:31 CST

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>

> > > Pspell has problems if used with non-gcc compilers since it needs to use
> > > C++ vtable from shared library. IIRC I recall, only gcc supports this, and
> > > probably only on unix.
> >
> > Pspell only uses the most basic of C++ features, virtual functions and
> > inheritance. Are you trying to say that other compiles do not support using
> > virtual functions within a shared library? I have a hard time believing
> > this.
>
> It seems you said this. I'm sorry if I recalled that incorrectly - I may be
> mistaken. But you said that you were unable to run pspell on Windows.

I said something similar. What I said was that Pspell will not currently
work properly on Win32 due to the shared library issue. But the reason
for this is not that C++ shared libraries won't work on other platforms it
is because libtool, which I use to create the shared libraries, currently
does not support this.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net