Re: Bugzilla

Subject: Re: Bugzilla
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 09:45:28 CST

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 04:11:17PM +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:

> Sam> At about midnight CDT on Wednesday, I backed up the bugzilla
> Sam> database, and installed a more recent version of bugzilla. This
> Sam> didn't work, due to some low-quality bugzilla code, and the
> Sam> significant modifications made to our version of bugzilla. =20
>
> I'm very sorry to hear this. I was just about to work up some courage
> to ask you about your bugzilla update plans.
>
> Want to share what the specific problems are?

Well, as you can see I worked around the problems (or at least most of
them). But the low-quality code was the fact that the options for a
bug STATUS were hardcoded in dozens of places throughout the code. So
some shell-scripting, and some manual hacking were neccessary to get
it to play nice with our system.

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss