Re: diff requirements? (was Re: Bugzilla comments)

Subject: Re: diff requirements? (was Re: Bugzilla comments)
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 19:05:25 CST

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 08:34:39AM -0800, Paul Rohr wrote:
> At 04:08 PM 3/10/01 -0600, Sam TH wrote:
> >On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 02:36:04PM +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:
> >> o As Paul pointed out (in private postings people, you don't need
> >> to run your memory checker) some of the Eazel entries are
> >> different. Here's my comments on them (FYI - I know we probably
> >> won't get any of them until they get merged into the mainline):
> >
> >Well, I can add stuff I want whenever. We already have a few hundred
> >lines of diff from the mainline so that it would work at all.
>
> Nearly irrelevant point -- what's the license for Bugzilla itself? When we
> deploy a modified version, do we need to make those diffs available?

1. The MPL
2. No. Cf. long discussion about Web apps and the GPL. Unless you
really care deeply about Free Software licensing issues, you really
don't want to know.

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss