Re: Where's $(DIST)?

Subject: Re: Where's $(DIST)?
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 19:48:48 CST

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 05:19:47PM -0800, Kevin Vajk wrote:

> I've noticed that the makefiles which create packages (e.g. RPM's)
> place the package in $(DIST), which seems to be defined as
> $(ABI_ROOT)/dist/. But this directory doesn't exist. Should I
> do a mkdir in the makefile, or does this subdirectory belong in CVS?

This gets created automatically when you run "make distribution". The
value is defined in abi_defs.mk. Try as I might, I couldn't find the
appropriate mkdir in any of the pkg/*/Makefiles. But it does get
created somewhere, I just don't know where.

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss