Re: pruning "redundant" properties while editing

Subject: Re: pruning "redundant" properties while editing
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 11:48:10 CST

Paul,

Thanks for your response! I will go back and reread your original
post. I just want to make sure I was clear -- the "redundant"
properties in Word persisted after a "normal" save. (I'm not advocating
that approach at this time, I just want to make sure I had not mislead
anyone.)

Randy

Paul Rohr wrote:

> Note, however, that you will no longer be able to undo once you close or
> reload the document. We don't have a brittle so-called "fast save" option
> to persist all that undo information to disk. This is, IMNSHO, a Good
> Thing.

I agree that fast saves are bad. As stated above, the "redundant"
properties persisted through a normal save.

<snip>

> Please reread my original post. According to the algorithm I'm proposing,
> the only way to get back to the state you want is via undo. I'm definitely
> interested in look&feel feedback about the other detailed behaviors when you
> go forward *without* hitting undo.

I will consider a further response (after looking around a little).