Re: normal and web modes

Subject: Re: normal and web modes
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 20:41:07 CST

<resent to list -- correct address>

Dom,

I'm thinking about making and then sending you some screen prints in the
different modes. So far, the only tool (Microsoft Paint) I have to do
this let's me create .bmp files which I can then zip. Would those be
helpful?

My next post will give you an overview of all five displays in Word,
then I plan to follow up with descriptions of specific functions and how
they vary across the five views.

I am dealing with all five views because:

1. I think I need to start from the base of Page Layout view (which is
about what AbiWord uses) and describe the differences to Normal and
Online Layout (web) view.

2. I want to include Outline and Master Document view with the intent
that someday those will be implemented (maybe -- in some ways Online
View may be just as useful as Outline view once I grow accustomed to
it). The descriptions for these two views may not be as developed as
the descriptions for the other views. In addition, the description for
page view may be somewhat sketchy because you are already very familiar
with it.

Randy Kramer