Re: The New Styles

Subject: Re: The New Styles
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 06:17:09 CST

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Sam TH wrote:

> This is a potentially serious problem. I agree with Jamie that the
> line spacing changes are definitely a problem. However, in light of
> this, I'm sort of ambivalent about the formatting changes. They
> certainly look better, and if we had no installed base, I wouldn't
> hesitate to support them. However, we do have plenty of people with
> "legacy" AbiWord documents, and we have to be careful about what we do
> that changes the behavior of those documents. So, what do people
> think?

Like Jamie and 5 other Word users collaborating on a huge I don't put an
extra space between paragraphs by default. I would rather have the extra
control of pressing return twice.

Also some of my old docs now look weird. So I would vote for no extra
space for "Normal" mode. However we can keep the other nice formatting
specifications. We just change the appropriate prop to "0"

Cheers

Martin