Re: A bunch of patches from BSD

Subject: Re: A bunch of patches from BSD
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 06:11:51 CST

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Sam TH wrote:

 Hi,

 I looked at them - the only useful patches are:

http://www.abisource.com/~sam/patches/netbsd.patch

 As for this patch - it's funny to see it (NetBSD is the most portable OS) -
it seems they are shipping AW for all architectures NetBSD supports (though
I'm not sure) so that they triggerred the bug on some exotic architecture AW
wasn't available before. This means that AW is really VERY portable..

http://www.abisource.com/~sam/patches/freebsd.6.patch

 But don't apply freebsd.6.patch - I'll come with more correct version of the
same logic before april release (their patch is broken since it doesn't allow
symlinks instead of directories).

 Other patches are distribution-specific and are in general not of interest
for us IMO.

 Thanks for collecting patches!

> As you may or may not know, AbiWord is included in lots of different
> BSDs. And each of them add a few patches to make it compile, or to
> fix a bug, or what have you. And, nicely enough, all these patches
> are available via the web. So, I went and collected them all, and
> they are in my patch archive, at
>
> http://www.abisource.com/~sam/patches/
>
> I would appreciate people taking a moment to look a some of them, and
> maybe commit them. Already done development is nice.
>
> sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
> OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
> DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss

 Best regards,