Re: commit -- autosave

Subject: Re: commit -- autosave
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@cambridge.redhat.com)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 06:49:25 CST

>>>>> "Joaquín" == Joaquín Cuenca Abela <cuenca@celium.net> writes:

Joaquín> Very simple autosave support. Tomorrow I will add (at least
Joaquín> I hope so! :) the preference items to configure the different
Joaquín> autosave options (file extension, time between autosaves,
Joaquín> etc.) By now it's only activated in the DEBUG build (with a
Joaquín> hardcoded timeout of 5 minutes).

Bombs AbiWord. Please see bug #1252.

Also, please hardwire a filename extension for now. I really dislike
changes being saved to documents behind my back - it affects documents
used for testing.

Finally, this shows that we should have a default document name and
location so the autosaver will work even when you start on a new
document.

Jesper