Re: Proposal: Platform-specific dev web pages

Subject: Re: Proposal: Platform-specific dev web pages
From: Tom Briggs (tomabi@jules.briggs.cx)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 20:15:27 CST

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Michael D. Pritchett wrote:

> OTOH, this is a lot of time spent accumulating and presenting this
> information. And it is most useful if maintained on a regular basis.
> Therefore, if just a small group benefits from this information, I beleive
> the time spent building/maintaining it could be better spent working on the
> code.

   In most situations I would agree wholeheartedly. In this situation,
however, I'm hoping that a centralized resource will serve to bring more
developers into the fold (and therefore increase the overall amount of
time available for coding).
   On a personal level this type of project works well for me anyway. I
don't have nearly as much time as I'd like to work on Abi anymore (due to
work and family), but I do manage to keep up with the mailing list and
compile a fresh build every couple days. That puts me in the unique and
often frustrating position of having a good idea of what's going on and
not being able to do anything about it. :)

> On a side note, I volunteer to update the Win32 preference dialog as
> mentioned on the web site.

   Great. The web page has already been updated, so it's yours now. :)

   -Tom