Re: More memory bugs

Subject: Re: More memory bugs
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@cambridge.redhat.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 10:13:21 CST

Mike> Jesper Skov:
>> I haven't looked at your string class, Mike, but would it be
>> suitable for all instances of string usage in AbiWord?

Mike> No, it only handles single-byte char sets (e.g. the "C" locale).

Mike> In case anyone is curious: No, it won't ever support mbcs - if
Mike> mbcs support (e.g. UTF-8) is wanted it should be in another
Mike> class of its own.

Ah, but most of the mallocs I noticed in the code allocated
(sizeof(foobar)+1) bytes - so those would be using single-byte chars
(or be broken).

Jesper