Re: Commit: fonts part 2 & 3

Subject: Re: Commit: fonts part 2 & 3
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 08:11:57 CST

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Paul Rohr wrote:

> >I've always been puzzled by this. Seeing as the undo information is
> >represented as indexes in the PT it seems obvious to to continuous
> >coalescelation(?) of Runs while typing - that (undo) is the only thing
> >I could think of that would have wanted single-char Runs.
>
> As I said, I forget who did this or why, but I've never been thrilled about
> it. Jeff and I worked hard to make sure that typing would *not* produce
> unnecessary single-char runs.

I think Bruce Pearson did this to fix Bug 7 and the terrible character
dirt early versions of abi had. I think he also introduced the rather
extravagant number of draws and clearsAbi currently makes on every key
press.

I think there is room for optimization here but be careful not to
re-introduce the character dirt Bruce fixed.

I'll definately look at this post 0.90

Cheers!

Martin