Re: Commit: fix that spelling + images bug

Subject: Re: Commit: fix that spelling + images bug
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 18:30:16 CST

jskov> Somewhat unrelated: looking at the code around line 2248 in
jskov> fl_BlockLayout.cpp where you made one of the changes, I see
jskov> magic constants. I _hate_ magic constants. They were invented
jskov> by the Dark Side to create bugs, I'm sure.

jskov> The magic constant 100 should be replaced with a macro IMO. And
jskov> I suspect it might not even be an issue with pspell, but as
jskov> long as we have ispell, I guess it needs to remain in the code.

That particular magic constant of 100 appears several places (all
spelling related). I've seen them many times, but it wasn't until
someone recently commented on the maximum string length in a
dictionary that I understood where the number came from. So, I think
it could probably be replaced by the string length max constant from
ispell.h.