Re: commit: Complete Dom's page colour work.

Subject: Re: commit: Complete Dom's page colour work.
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 02:16:39 CST

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Martin Sevior wrote:

 Hi,

 What I'm dreaming about now is ability to set page color *on display* only
(not for printed version). I hate white page color - it hurts eyes and burns
monitor, but I don't want the sheets I'm printing on be filled with grey or
something like it (it's the way I intrepret this page colour commit).

 Could you guys add ability to set page color on screen? Of course the
setting should be written to preferences file, and not saved with doc. Just
use that color instead of white when no page/sheet color was specified by the
user.

Word95 has this option and I used it when I was using Word..

 Thanks!

> Ok this commit completes Dom's page colour work. On gtk/gnome you can
> independent set the page color and the highlight color of text. Page
> colour is now a section level property called "background-color". The
> property "bgcolor" is actually the Highlight colour which can be
> independently set on the gnome front end.
>
> I had to do a lot of fixes to the underlying colour logic. For a start all
> use of "clearArea" was removed since it is actually just a fillRect with
> the colour hardwired to white. Now clearscreen() actually does
> fillRect(m_colorPG,....) where m_colorPG is the page color. The drawchar()
> methods first get a fillRect(m_colorHL,....) where m_colorHL is the
> highlight colour defined from "bgcolor" above. Note that all styles are
> now set to have bgcolor as "transparent".
>
> In the process fields have become grey on the screen again.
>
> This property should DEFINATELY be exported to HTML! Someone
> who knows HTML should do this. No more grey web pages from Abi :-)
>
> I think that is all. Platform maintainers just have to implement their
> systems colour picker in the ap_*Dialog_Background file to get this new
> cool feature.
>
> Finally given all the recent traffic about the correct spelling of colour
> I was sorely tempted to correct the numerous mis-spellings of this word
> scattered through the Abi source files. However in interests of Peace and
> Harmony with our ill-informed American collaborators I decided not to
> change to the World Standard Spelling of this word :-)
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Martin

 Best regards,
  -Vlad