Re: commit: Complete Dom's page colour work.

Subject: Re: commit: Complete Dom's page colour work.
From: John L. Clark (jlc6@po.cwru.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 10:47:16 CST

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 06:04:31PM +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> Ok this commit completes Dom's page colour work. On gtk/gnome you can
> independent set the page color and the highlight color of text. Page
> colour is now a section level property called "background-color". The
> property "bgcolor" is actually the Highlight colour which can be
> independently set on the gnome front end.
>
> I had to do a lot of fixes to the underlying colour logic. For a start all
> use of "clearArea" was removed since it is actually just a fillRect with
> the colour hardwired to white. Now clearscreen() actually does
> fillRect(m_colorPG,....) where m_colorPG is the page color. The drawchar()
> methods first get a fillRect(m_colorHL,....) where m_colorHL is the
> highlight colour defined from "bgcolor" above. Note that all styles are
> now set to have bgcolor as "transparent".
>
> In the process fields have become grey on the screen again.
>
> This property should DEFINATELY be exported to HTML! Someone
> who knows HTML should do this. No more grey web pages from Abi :-)

Well, it almost was there already. It just was untested, so I had to
tweak it a bit. See the attached patch. I was exporting the 'bgcolor'
property, not the 'background-color' property. Wasn't sure what the
difference was until this discussion.

I don't know why this would be in my source and in noone else's, but my
copy of abiword doesn't compile, dying on xad_Document, because on line
45, UT_UCS_strcpy_to_char is missing an argument. So I added the
argument. It's also included in the patch. Feel free to drop that
section of the patch if I'm missing something.

Take care,

        John

P.S. Yes, I am working on getting the styles dialog done. Just have
... too ... many ... responsibilities. *sigh*

P.P.S. I'm not even going to go into my preferences on British v.
American spellings. ;-)