Re: [Bug] Still bugs in Preview Web Page & Question on Save as Web [was commit -

Subject: Re: [Bug] Still bugs in Preview Web Page & Question on Save as Web [was commit -
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 14:47:13 CST

>Save as Web Question:
>
>Save as web seems to only bring up an ordinary save dialog, is this the
>desired behaviour?
>i would have geussed that it was supposed be a Save as Html dialog,
>I can see how this repitition would be useful to our average user, but
>at the moment i just get an ordinary save as dialog.

It should bring up the SaveAs dialog with 'HTML' pre-selected. There's
nothing special about saving to HTML as opposed to any one of our other
formats.

>This does not seem web ready to me, Netscape opens it as ASCII text and
>IE spawns an Abiword dialogue

Web-Preview: This works with any browser on Linux and I've been told that it
works with at least IE and some version of Netscape on Win32.

If you're saying that Saving as HTML is not rendering correctly in netsape <
6, that's a different issue. It's probably being *very* confused by the
XHTML and CSS. IE / Netscape 6 / Moz / Opera / Konquoror / GtkHtml should
all definitely be fine.

Dom