Tips on Mac Building?

Subject: Tips on Mac Building?
From: Michael D. Crawford (crawford@goingware.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 02:41:41 CST

I'm mainly addressing this to Hubert but am asking on the list so others will benefit.

Hubert, when I get the BeOS working I expect I can start taking a look at it
on the Mac also.

One thing that's made things much easier for me is that I finally got my
laptop repaired and I have set up Samba and netatalk on it. Now I can share
the same source folder between Mac OS, Linux and Windows machines without
having to reboot anything. I still have to reboot to use BeOS though.

I see your MPW makefiles in the code for building on the Mac. Is there
anything special I need to know to get it to build? At this point I'd prefer
to do most of my builds with the Metrowerks MPW-hosted compiler rather than
MrCPP, but I can verify that my code will still work with MrCPP from time to time.

I'm running Mac OS 8.6.

I could build with Visual C++ on my Windows NT machine but I really don't have
enough disk space to install it and can't afford a new hard disk for a while.
Does CodeWarrior for Windows have command-line tools? Perhaps I could set up
a codewarrior for Windows build that will work under CygWin. Or I could just
make a nice IDE project... heh, heh, heh.

Mike

--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/