Re: Commit: Re: patch: one-liner for 1134

Subject: Re: Commit: Re: patch: one-liner for 1134
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@celium.net)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 02:32:59 CST

On 30 Mar 2001 15:53:33 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Patrick Lam wrote:
>
> > This fixes a crasher which occurs when clearing tab stops.
> >
> > pat
> >

> Hi Pat,
> Thanks for this. I just made the change of adding a
>
> delete m_pszTabStops;
>
> Just before we leave the method to not leak the 2 bytes of memory :-)

From the patch that I'm seeing, and if m_pszTabStops is allocated as

m_pszTabStops = new char[1];

then you can only leak 1 byte of memory. And to prevent the leaking you
should do:

delete[] m_pszTabStops;

and not:

delete m_pszTabStops;

remember, when you allocate using new stuff[number]; you should
deallocate using delete[] stuff. Or even better (for those that thinks
that the macros actually make a difference) use DELETEPV(stuff);

Cheers,

PS: btw, if m_pszTabStops is not a null terminated string (I don't see
how it can be a null terminated string if it only has a byte), it should
not use the prefix sz.

--
Joaquín Cuenca Abela
cuenca@celium.net