RE: PATCH: Fix smart quotes in overtype mode

Subject: RE: PATCH: Fix smart quotes in overtype mode
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 18:57:35 CST

james> The bug was caused by the removal of the original quote before
james> inserting the new quote. If we're in overtype mode, this isn't
james> necessary, because the new quote overwrites the old one anyway.

Duh-oh! That's a good one. I confess that I didn't consider
overwrite mode *at all* when I created the original code. Thanks for
the fix.