Re: commit -- Tweak Win32 background color option

Subject: Re: commit -- Tweak Win32 background color option
From: Tom Briggs (tomabi@jules.briggs.cx)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 16:30:18 CST

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Martin Sevior wrote:

> Hi Tom,
> From this and your other email I just wanted to check that your
> are aware of the distinction between:

> > Fixed Win32 prefs dialog to not save the background color if the
> > Allow background color checkbox is turned off
> > CVS: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> > CVS: Enter Log. Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
> > CVS:
> > CVS: Committing in .
> > CVS:
> > CVS: Modified Files:
> > CVS: src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Dialog_Options.cpp
> > CVS: ----------------------------------------------------------------------

   I wasn't perfectly clear on the distinction, so I appreciate the
explanation. This change was really a bug fix though - I intentionally
don't clear the selected screen color when the "Allow screen
colors" checkbox is turned off, so that you can do the following:

1. check the checkbox
2. hit the Select Screen Color button and select a color
3. uncheck the checkbox
4. check the checkbox
5. Hit OK and have the color selected in step 2 saved as the screen color

   As the screen color wasn't being cleared when the checkbox was
unchecked, unchecking it and hitting OK would save the screen color you
had previously selected, even though you'd turned off the "Allow screen
colors" option. This fix just made sure that that didn't happen.

   -Tom