Re: Topic: Images and 1.0

Subject: Re: Topic: Images and 1.0
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 21:44:52 CDT

I'm very much in favor of coming up with a better imaging API for abi to
adhere to. I have made a proposal that I'm more than willing to implement
myself, but I'm looking for feedback and help with this of course. I'm no
superman :^)

We stand the chance of coming out as much more robust and more featureful to
the user, and possibly infinitely extensible to new formats via plugins.
Overall I think that it'll be a much better experience for the user, and
much cleaner/friendlier for the developer. We'll be able to refcount images,
scale them, etc... I think that this is a good thing and should definitely
go into 1.0

Dom