Re: Topic: Clipart and 1.0

Subject: Re: Topic: Clipart and 1.0
rms@greymalkin.yi.org
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 20:56:55 CDT

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 11:06:52AM +0200, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> According to Dom Lachowicz <cinamod@hotmail.com>:
> > Clipart is really cool :) And I just happen to know where we can go grab a
> > bunch (the guy who did sketch did a bunch for Gnome and wants it to go into
> > Gnome-Office).
> > For some examples, go:
> > http://www.linuxgraphic.org/section2d/sketch/cliparts/index.html
> > All we'd really need is a pretty dialog and to ship these files (probably
> > converted to PNG).

I can only see justification to convert files to PNG on the ground that that is our native image format.

However, clipart should support all our supported image formats, for consistency in the application.

Also, make it a seperate package! :)

> Should the clipart be handled as an XP thing or should it go in platform
> code ? I think that it should be XP as currently no platform seems to have
> standard clip art (no, MS-Office is NOT a platform :-)).

With the exception of the dialogs, there doesn't seem to be a lot of non xp code in this feature.

Hugs, rms