Re: Topic: Tables and 1.0

Subject: Re: Topic: Tables and 1.0
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 13:10:39 CDT

eric> And that doesn't even include the issues of the GUI. A decent
eric> user interface for table editing is quite a challenge. Has
eric> *anyone* succeeded at this yet? If not, that's sort of good
eric> news, since AbiWord's table editor can therefore blow chunks
eric> just as badly as the rest of them.

There are many things I dislike about MSWord, but table creation and
editing in MSWord 2000 is about as intuitive and non-frustrating as I
could hope for. (I have very limited and only hazy recollection of
table editing in older versions of MSWord, but one hears a lot of
complaints.)

Anyone contemplating a GUI for table manipulation would be making a
mistake if they overlooked what has been done in recent versions of
MSWord. There is room for improvement, but you probably won't come
away thinking "this sucks rocks" from the get-go.