RE: Topic: Tables and 1.0

Subject: RE: Topic: Tables and 1.0
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 14:59:31 CDT

jca> maybe I've not been very clear, here... rtf import/export *of
jca> tables* is a little detail if compared to not having tables at
jca> all.

I'm glad you added that clarification, because I completely agree with
it. People have pretty low expectations of importers/exporters
already, so an importer that punted on tables (but still rendered the
rest of the document) wouldn't be much of a surprise. A small
disappointment, perhaps, but not a surprise.

Meantime, you could still be servicing a fairly wide audience who
wants to do reasonably simple native AbiWord tables. A church
secretary who does a monthly 2-page newsletter will certainly need
tables sooner or later.