Re: List Tool.

Subject: Re: List Tool.
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 07:32:51 CDT

On Sat, 5 May 2001, Martin Sevior wrote:

> After Joaquin commits his new MS Word clone of "Bullets and Numbering" I
> thought we should remain the current Lists dialog as "Lists Tool".
> Eventually I will also add functionality to collapse and expand content
> between list elements as an option from this dialog.
>
> This will enable an extremely flexible Document "Outliner".

I disagree, I think that we should do it the way that
Word did their list dialog. The template/canned style
list dialog (Joaquin's) comes up first and then we
launch the more advanced list dialog if they want more.
That was the whole basis for doing the "Advanced"/
"Feature Full" dialog in the first place. You can
always add layers of simplicity in between, but we
needed a dialog originally that could giv us access
to everything the lists could do so it could be
tested.

Thomas