Re: Building on MacOS X????

Subject: Re: Building on MacOS X????
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 11:24:09 CDT

On samedi, mai 5, 2001, at 04:47 , Greg Evans wrote:

> Right. I went and got everything through CVS, but am still unable to
> get libiconv to compile
>
> from the BUILD.TXT (as if you all don;t know what it says) <grin>
>
> Prior to build Abiword with the autoconf build system, you need to
> compile
> and install the following libraries:
> -libpng
> -libiconv
> Then you need to build the following peer libraries
> -wv
> -psiconv
> -expat
>

> so I tried this:
>
> wv:
>
> [localhost:/ABI/wv] gevans% make
> Makefile:378: *** Recursive variable `CFLAGS' references itself
> (eventually). Stop.

OK. That is a know (of me at least) bug, I forgot to send the patch to
Dom.
Here it is.
(apply with a 'patch -p0 < path_to_patch' in wv directory)
Then redo a ./config.status to regenerate the makefile

Dom, please, commit it. Thanks.

[...]

> I have built libiconv from the 'fink' packages system and then copied
the libraries to /usr/local/lib (fink by default installs them in
/sw/lib) thinking that may work, but I get errors still trying

Just out of curiosity, what is this 'fink' package system ?

Hub
<Attachment missing>