Re: potential developer/questions

Subject: Re: potential developer/questions
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 20:01:08 CDT

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 05:31:39PM -0400, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> >- Source code structure
>
> Well, most of the structure has a lot of history. I won't go into that here.
>
> src/wp: Word-Processor Specific code
> src/text: Our piece table and format/layout engine
> src/af: Application specific framework stuff, not specific to any one app
> (hopefully)
> src/af/util: Utility code, such as hashtables, vectors, utility functions
> src/af/ev: Event handling code, such as keyboards, toolbars, menus
> src/af/gr: Graphic, image, and font classes
> src/af/xap: Cross-Application dialogs and classes, theoretically useful to
> any one of a number of applications (such as a font dialog, language dialog,
> etc...)

There's also a document describing this in abi/docs/AbiWord_SourceOverview.abw

You should also look at the Projects of the Week, at http://www.abisource.com/pow.phtml

sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss