Re: commit: Fix border drawing

Subject: Re: commit: Fix border drawing
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 08:20:15 CDT

On 7 May 2001, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:

> On 01 May 2001 12:26:12 -0700, Paul Rohr wrote:
> > >
> > >Thanks. I'll take a look the next time I rebuild.
> >
> > Thomas,
> >
> > After doing a number of rounds with Mike Nordell to isolate and fix any
> > potential line-drawing glitches due to his recent Win32 optimizations, I'm
> > still seeing a problem at the lower-right corner of the page shadow (see
> > attached). Just to be sure, I've even #if 0-ed out his optimization code
> > entirely, and I'm still missing those two pixels.
> >
> > Two questions:
> >
> > 1. Is anyone else seeing this effect on non-Windows platforms?
>
> yep, same here (gtk+).

OK folks ... lets set the record straight on line drawing.

Do we draw to include the startpoints?
Do we draw to include the endpoints?

What is Abi expecting and what are the various platforms
doing? I'm curious since to me the drawing code that did
the borders was overshooting (I don't have the code handy
so I can't compare).

Lets get this right and doxygen the behaviour.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf