RE: CVS access

Subject: RE: CVS access
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 11:54:00 CDT

tomas> I am still unable to access the CVS; I can access the webpage,
tomas> so I don't think this due to a cashed DNS; I would expect my
tomas> ISP not to be able to resolve both or neither.

The data can be cached differently (lots more people access the name
"www" than "cvs" or "parsons"). There is a bit of luck-of-the-draw
involved. When I was seeing this problem, I was able to access the
CVS machine by using the IP address, which led me back to believing it
was a DNS problem.

I wouldn't be surprised to see these problems last until mid-week for
some folks and be already completely cured for others.