AbiWord Aborts When Started

Subject: AbiWord Aborts When Started
From: Robbert Haarman (Robbert.Haarman@ucu.uu.nl)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 15:54:37 CDT

Guys,

First, congratulations on this (IMHO) most useful word-processor for Linux!
Finally, I can read and edit people's word-documents without having to reboot
to Windows. However, I'm still stuck with 0.7.11, as I never managed to get
any later version to work (in Linux that is, in Windows I run 0.7.14-2). On
my box, 0.7.14-2-Linux_i386_static aborts with:

line 68: 13507 Aborted
$ABISUITE_LIBEXEC/AbiWord_d "$@"

I sent a message to abiword-user about this some days ago, as I thought
others must have had this problem as well, but got no reply so far. Any help
would be appreciated.
I had the same problems with 0.7.12 (static, dynamic, personal), and 0.7.14
(dynamic and personal). I am using Peanut Linux 8.3, which has glibc 2.1, KDE
2.1, XFree86 4.01, a self-compiled 2.4.1 kernel, on an AMD Duron 700 MHz with
64 MB RAM. Any help would be !very! welcome, as I am dying to have the 0.7.14
functionality (XHTML RULES!) in Linux.

Cheers,
Bob

---
A Scholar asked his Master, "Master, would you advise me of a proper
vocation?"
        The Master replied, "Some men can earn their keep with the power of
their minds.  Others must use thier strong backs, legs and hands.  This is
the same in nature as it is with man.  Some animals acquire their food easily,
such as rabbits, hogs and goats.  Other animals must fiercely struggle for
their sustenance, like beavers, moles and ants.  So you see, the nature of
the vocation must fit the individual.
        "But I have no abilities, desires, or imagination, Master," the
scholar sobbed.
        Queried the Master... "Have you thought of becoming a salesperson?"